[Taxacom] Neoromicia nanus or Neoromicia nana?

Laurent Raty l.raty at skynet.be
Tue Jan 14 10:18:50 CST 2014

Hi Francisco,

I agree. Rules based on an imprecise notion of prevailing usage are a
receipt for multiple spellings ending up used simultaneously by authors
who interpret the rules differently.

I wasn't trying to promote the use of prevailing usage as a solution: I
was merely pointing out that the current rules do not, in any way,
protect incorrect gender agreements, however prevailing their usage may
be. Gender agreement is mandatory, in exactly the same way as it is
mandatory to use an -idae ending for a family name.

Laurent -