[Taxacom] recursive SQL database for taxonomy available?

Erik Rijkers er at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 14 18:39:05 CST 2014

On Wed, January 15, 2014 01:20, Markus Döring wrote:
> Hi Kim,
> if useful I could also provide a postgresql dump of the GBIF backbone in addition to the dwc archive already available.
> We use a parent child relationship in GBIF with an additional nested set index to support quick descendants queries.

Good to hear GBIF is using a real database system (postgres) :-)

But seriously, I would be very interested to be able to use dowload such a dump and use it locally.  And it would be
absolutely fantastic if some sort of regular download of updated dumps could be made available.   But I would already be
very thankful for a one-off download.

thanks,

Erik Rijkers
Utrecht, Netherlands