[Taxacom] Nebraska - Museum Director

Scott L. Gardner nemataslg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 16:44:57 CST 2014

Hi, Everyone:

Happy New Year!

The University of Nebraska State Museum has opened the search for a new
director.

The text from the job ad reads:

DIRECTOR

UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA STATE MUSEUM

The University of Nebraska State Museum (UNSM), the natural history
museum located at
the University of Nebraska–Lincoln, seeks a Director to provide dynamic
leadership for the
UNSM.

We invite nominations and applications for Director of the University of
Nebraska State
Museum, a large comprehensive museum of natural history with a faculty
and staff of 40
and research collections in paleontology, parasitology, entomology,
zoology, botany and
anthropology of more than 15 million specimens.

UNSM has active, federally-funded education and outreach programs and close
collaborations with university programs and school districts. It is
accredited by the
American Alliance of Museums and is a Smithsonian Affiliate.

The Director provides leadership and is responsible for developing
external funding and
partnerships, and enhancing facilities and collections. The Director
will also develop and
implement a new strategic plan to grow the Museum’s research,
collections, and education
programs.

The successful applicant will have an earned doctorate in science with a
strong research
and funding record meriting a tenured faculty position. It is expected
that the Director will
be tenured in an appropriate department. The Director will have museum
experience,
effective management and organizational skills, the ability to work well
on collaborative
teams and excellent interpersonal and fundraising skills.

We are accepting nominations and applications for this position. To
nominate someone
please email to: UNLresearch at unl.edu.

To apply, go to http://employment.unl.edu, search for
requisition number F_130241. Click on "Apply to this job." Complete the
application and
attach a letter of interest, an up-to-date vita, and names/addresses of
five references.

Please email Peg Filliez at pfilliez1 at unl.edu for further information.
Applications will be
reviewed beginning February 17, 2014 and will remain open until filled.

For more information about this position and UNSM, please visit
http://research.unl.edu/museumdirector.

The University of Nebraska has an active National Science Foundation
ADVANCE gender
equity program, and is committed to a pluralistic campus community
through affirmative
action, equal opportunity, work-life balance, and dual careers.

--
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Scott Lyell Gardner, Ph.D.
Curator and Professor
Harold W. Manter Laboratory of Parasitology
W-529 Nebraska Hall
University of Nebraska State Museum and
School of Biological Sciences
University of Nebraska - Lincoln
Lincoln, Nebraska 68588-0514

e-mail: slg at unl.edu
Web: http://hwml.unl.edu
ASP Page: http://asp.unl.edu

Phone:    402-472-3334
Fax:      402-472-8949
Cell:     402-540-9310

"If we don't work to describe and conserve biodiversity now,
our descendants will be very upset."  -slg