[Taxacom] Protist systematics

Ken Kinman kinman at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 23 13:36:52 CST 2014

Hi Brian,

       Some of us still prefer a single Kingdom Protista, but recognizing some newly discovered Phyla within it.  In my last classification of Protista which I posted on Taxacom in 2011, I recognized 17 Phyla.  It shows that Chromalveolata must be either split up or expanded (especially to include Phylum Rhizaria).  Either way, I never liked either Chromista or Chromalveolata.  Here's a weblink to my 2011 classification:

http://mailman.nhm.ku.edu/pipermail/taxacom/2011-August/073326.html

             ---------------Ken Kinman