[Taxacom] Protist systematics

Fred Schueler bckcdb at istar.ca
Fri Jan 24 09:25:10 CST 2014

Quoting Ken Kinman <kinman at hotmail.com>:

> > Too bad limited paraphyly is still seen as a bad thing, and those
> who bash paraphyly can still get rewarded for doing so.

* or, we might say, "too bad categories are still seen as a good
thing." Surely we're at the state now where we can characterize at
least these higher taxa by their estimated age of divergence, and the
genomic difference between their surviving descendents.

fred.
          Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
          South Nation Basin Art & Science Book
          http://pinicola.ca/books/SNR_book.htm