[Taxacom] Protist systematics

John Grehan calabar.john at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 10:57:13 CST 2014

Fred said "Surely we're at the state now where we can characterize at
least these higher taxa by their estimated age of divergence, and the
genomic difference between their surviving descendents."

'Surely' it depends. What constitutes an 'estimate' of age of divergence
when all estimates are minimal?

And we might have 'genomic difference' but we have always had that (in its
morphogenetic aspect).

John Grehan