[Taxacom] Identification of lizard in copal

Lynn Raw lynn at afriherp.org
Mon Nov 3 01:37:31 CST 2014

Hi Jan,

If you are able to see the underside of the tip of the tail of the specimen then the presence of a scansor pad will confirm if it is a Lygodactylus. The tail appears intact so this should be possible to confirm if that part can be seen. If there is no adhesive pad then you probably have a very young Blaesodactylus. As you say, Paragehyra can be ruled out on geographical grounds. I notice that Paragehyra spp. also seem to have longer limbs.

I look forward to learning if this helps further in your search for an ID.

Best wishes,

Lynn