[Taxacom] A good year indeed!

Michael A. Ivie mivie at montana.edu
Thu Nov 13 16:01:24 CST 2014

Dick,

No one wants to admit the dirty little secret, but we should never
really forget that among the skills needed to be excellent are those of
personality and ability to politic that allow one to succeed.  A
brilliant scientist that cannot be tolerated personally will not be good
for our science.  They are not "excellent." Some that are so adept as to
be virtual charlatans can sometime garner resources that support others
who are not.  It is a total pool issue. As we train students, these
characteristics must be nurtured as well as others.

Mike

mivie at montana.edu