[Taxacom] old web links

John Grehan calabar.john at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 14:18:45 CDT 2014

I am sure that there are quite a few web savvy people on this list so I
would be grateful for feedback on the nature of old web links coming up in
searches. Even though a couple of years have passed there are some searches
that will bring up web links to my former institution and of course these
links are no longer active. I presume that there is pretty much nothing
that can be done about that situation and it is probably exacerbated by my
current web site being private rather than institutional and so the old
links are given higher priority even though they no longer work. Any
observations on or off the list would be of interest to me to understand
the nature of this problem better.

Thanks,

John Grehan