[Taxacom] What A Great Time to be a Young Systematist

Michael A. Ivie mivie at montana.edu
Mon Oct 27 18:58:53 CDT 2014

Dear Taxacomers,

We see a lot of doom and gloom on this list, but in my career, I have
never seen a better time to be a young systematist!  In North American
entomology, we have seen 6 endowed professorships/curators, 3 of them
new, either just filled, open or about to be open.  Plus, a major
opening in a top university just filled, leaving an opening where that
person came from, 2 in top museums, plus more than the normal set of
collection managers and other non-faculty positions. The death of US
systematic entomology is no where in sight!

Mike

Michael A. Ivie, Ph.D., F.R.E.S.

Montana Entomology Collection
Marsh Labs, Room 50