[Taxacom] Paraphyletic groups as natural units of biological classification

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Thu Oct 2 01:09:26 CDT 2014

That was uncalled for! I was trying to articulate an idea. If my terminology wuz in some way inappropriate, I apologise, but it was entirely unintentional. Let me rephrase it in the form of a question: do you think it is common (or even possible) for a monophyletic group (M) to evolve quickly (within a larger monophylum), leaving only a remainder of plesiomorphic species which are very similar to each other, but very different to M?

Stephen