[Taxacom] Which is accepted name Acacia modesta Wall. or Senegalia modesta (Wall.) P. J. H. Hutter

Paul Kirk P.Kirk at kew.org
Sat Oct 11 07:27:35 CDT 2014

I think the point here is that the application of names is determined by types and that in the Plant [Check-]List, assuming the intention is to adopt a single taxonomy (as is the case for all checklist, otherwise it would be just a list of names - i.e. a nomenclator), to include two different names based on the same type is an error ... one of many according to Gurcharan. Or am I missing something?

The other Paul ... :-)