[Taxacom] Which is accepted name Acacia modesta Wall. or Senegalia modesta (Wall.) P. J. H. Hutter

Gurcharan Singh singhg45 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 09:55:07 CDT 2014

Here it is not the example of homotypic synonyms, one is a basionym one is
a combination based on that basionym, but unfortunately both are treated at
as accepted names. IPNI is fairy accurate website. The Plant List claimed
to sort accepted names and synonyms (as first two volumes of Index Kewensis
did, Courtesy Sir J D Hooker), but seems to have miserably failed. The
second version to me appears worst than First, the number of unresolved
names having increased. Does our Code have any provision/status for
unresolved names?

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089