[Taxacom] ‏‏رد: Windows XP Mode

Sami Hussein Rabei samirabei at du.edu.eg
Sun Oct 12 18:08:36 CDT 2014

I hope you are ok. Could you please try the following Open Delta (https://code.google.com/p/open-delta/wiki/InstallationInstructions)

Sami Rabei
----------------------------------
With my Best Wishes
Sami Hussein Rabei (PhD)
Botany Department,
Faculty of Science,
Damietta University,
New Damietta , Post Box 34517
Damietta, Egypt.

Tel. Mobile: 002 0101 7895350
Tel. Work:   002 057 2403981
Tel. Home:   002 057 2403108
Fax:         002 057 2403868

samirabei at du.edu.eg
Researcher ID: G-9848-2012
ORCID: 0000-0001-6042-5877
http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=GexZOhIAAAAJ
‏‏من: ‏‏Taxacom [taxacom-bounces at mailman.nhm.ku.edu] بالنيابة عن Buz Wilson [buzwilson at gmail.com]
‏‏تاريخ الإرسال: 10 اكتوبر, 2014 09:19 م
To: taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu
‏‏الموضوع: Re: [Taxacom] Windows XP Mode

If you were using VirtualBox as your virtual machine manager, attaching
drives outside of the virtual machine is simple. Highlight the XP
virtual machine in the starting dialog, go to settings, shared folders,
right click the list of shared folders and add any folder that you want
to access on the host system from the virtual machine. This is really
useful, because XP doesn't need to know anything about the host file
system (ext4 in my case) - the data are provided as in a networked
drive. Other virtual machine managers should do something similar. If
you are limited to the Microsoft universe, Win7 virtualization of XP
works well. A student who works with me uses it exclusively, so I can
confirm Joe Kirkbride's observation. Does anyone know if the XP virtual
machine works on Win 8.1 or 8.2?
best wishes
Buz

George D.F. (Buz) Wilson, Ph.D.
Saugatuck Natural History Laboratory
Research Associate, US National Museum of Natural History
email: buzwilson at gmail.com