[Taxacom] De-extinction & Rhachistia aldabrae

Kenneth Kinman kinman at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 16 11:37:37 CDT 2014

Hi Stephen,                         Perhaps you could downgrade this new "species" to subspecies status.  That would not be "purely negative", and hopefully you could get your note published that way.                           -------Ken                 P.S.  By the way, does the term de-extinction apply in the case of the rediscovered snail?  I thought de-extinction applied to bringing back an extinct species by artificial means (as has been proposed for woolly mammoths or the passenger pigeon).  I think that I would call the rediscovered snail a Lazarus taxon.