[Taxacom] De-extinction & Rhachistia aldabrae

John Grehan calabar.john at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 10:25:44 CDT 2014

I agree with Jason's note about the preponderance of images that where the
lack of identification and other information makes them worse than stamp
collecting (and perhaps that is an unfair comparison since stamp collecting
since stamps at least contain diagnostic information). I have seen sites
with thousands of images but no structured way to go through them. And when
something of interest (to me in this case) is found, I find that sometimes
there is no link for contacting the author to obtain information or
permission to reproduce the image.  And for many images for the group of
interest to me there is no way to identify to species or even genus without
a specimen. Sometimes I have found a real gem, but otherwise its a most
frustrating situation!

John Grehan