[Taxacom] Citizen Science

Mike Sadka sadkamike at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 06:57:49 CDT 2014

I recently encouraged my 7-year old niece to keep some tadpoles, and was
surprised to hear of the disapproving comments she and my sister received
while collecting a few in a local park.

Middle-class people, in the UK at least, can be disapproving even of that
(which is arguably doing the tadpoles a favour I feel).

The fortuitous silver lining was that it spurred my enraged sister into
becoming a determined and assiduous tadpole carer!