[Taxacom] are early online publications code-compliant?

Frank T. Krell Frank.Krell at dmns.org
Mon Apr 6 16:49:00 CDT 2015

Hi all,
In the last issue of the Bulletin of Zoological Nomenclature I published a paper scrutinizing major publishers' models for early online publications, i.e. paper published on the web before they get integrated into a journal issue. I suggested a solution based on the NISO guidelines for publishers on journal article versions. In short, I suggest that if the early online publication is the Version of Record, it should be considered the final version and nomenclaturally available. The paper can be downloaded here (line two from below):
http://www.dmns.org/science/museum-scientists/frank-krell/krell-lab-entomology-program/updates/online-pre-publications-and-nomenclature/

Brave new world of publishing...

Frank

Dr. Frank-T. Krell
Curator of Entomology
Chair, ICZN ZooBank Committee
Department of Zoology
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
2001 Colorado Boulevard
Denver, CO 80205-5798 USA
Frank.Krell at dmns.org
Phone: (+1) (303) 370-8244
Fax: (+1) (303) 331-6492
lab page: http://www.dmns.org/krell-lab

The Denver Museum of Nature & Science aspires to create a community of critical thinkers who understand the lessons of the past and act as responsible stewards of the future.