[Taxacom] Abstract Deadline Extended - Sixth International Barcode of Life Conference
aborisen at uoguelph.ca
Thu Apr 23 12:30:29 CDT 2015
Dear Taxacom members:
A reminder regarding the extended abstract submission deadline for the Sixth International Barcode of Life Conference in Canada.
Apologies for cross-posting.
Abstract Deadline Reminder - Sixth International Barcode of Life Conference
The Sixth International Barcode of Life Conference will be held in Guelph, Canada from August 18-21, 2015 . Themed "Barcodes to Biomes", conference sessions will reflect the ongoing expansion of DNA barcoding research -- in geographic and taxonomic scope, in disciplinary breadth, and in the diversity of socio-economic applications. Submit your abstract by April 30th to participate as part of this international community. This conference will feature:
* publication of all accepted abstracts in a special conference issue of the journal Genome
* an exciting line-up of internationally renowned plenary speakers
* sessions on systematics, ecology, evolution, conservation, and whole biome analysis
* sessions on the diverse applications of DNA barcoding including education; international development; protection of endangered species; detection of invasive species, agricultural pests, and species within natural health products; and food safety & authenticity
* poster session
* diverse opportunities for networking at meals, breaks, and gala dinner
* 13 prizes for excellent oral and poster presentations by students and post-doctoral fellows
* pre-conference training workshops
* post-conference excursions to scenic sites such as Niagara Falls
Submit your abstract by April 30th to ensure its full consideration for inclusion in the scientific program and in the special conference journal issue. Note that the submission deadline for Travel Awards has passed. We look forward to welcoming you to Guelph for a stimulating and productive meeting.
Conference Operating Committee:
More information about the Taxacom