[Taxacom] are early online publications code-compliant?

Frank T. Krell Frank.Krell at dmns.org
Tue Apr 7 00:14:51 CDT 2015

Geoff,
yes, if there is no evidence for ZooBank registration in an electronic paper, it is not available for nomenclatural purposes. The nomenclatural acts will be available from the paper publication.
My paper just dealt with the publication models, assuming that all other criteria for availabilities are fulfilled.
It now becomes increasingly obvious that a large number of editors is agnostic towards the criteria of availability. With co-commissioners Thomas Paper and Rich Pyle, I am currently preparing a paper explaining what the "Works" are that need to be registered in order to be available in electronic form.
Electronic publication for nomenclatural purposes is still new. It is expected that everybody needs some time to adapt, and we do what we can to help.
Cheers

Frank

Dr. Frank-T. Krell
Curator of Entomology