[Taxacom] are early online publications code-compliant?

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Tue Apr 7 15:33:03 CDT 2015

>Not really all that complex, actually<

Actually, the "complexities" I had in mind include this scenario: ZooBank registration happens after e-publication, the LSID is added to the work, but the citation in the work of the initial publication date isn't changed. So, the cited date isn't the valid date of publication, but that is OK, since apparently cited publication dates can be incorrect. So, presumably, we must take the date of ZooBank registration to be the valid date of publication. But, the LSID might not have been added to the work until sometime after that date. Retrospectively, there does not seem to be any way to determine when the LSID was added to the work.

Stephen