[Taxacom] are early online publications code-compliant?

Geoffrey Read gread at actrix.gen.nz
Tue Apr 7 18:31:31 CDT 2015

Stephen,

The reality is that many online-before-print publishers are not following
the simple requirements to register their version-of-record in ZooBank
also.

I very much wish that authors *were* indeed aware of the issue and *were*
protecting their rightful priority by making their names Code compliant as
they should. That is a crunch issue at the moment. The idea of a
conspiracy of editors/authors further gaming the system by false
backdating frankly seems fairly far-fetched.

It amazes me how oblivious experienced taxonomists can be to
well-advertised code changes.

Geoff