[Taxacom] are early online publications code-compliant?

Geoffrey Read gread at actrix.gen.nz
Wed Apr 8 18:59:07 CDT 2015

Today I'm looking at an example of non-availability in Wiley's
'Cladistics'.  The article has been online unaltered since mid July 2014,
nine months ago, and is still unassigned to an issue. The pdf has no
publication date, and (of course) is unregistered in ZooBank.  The author
is quite oblivious of any problem I might have in including his intended
four new genera, correctly formally defined, as valid names in WoRMS.

I shall watch this one with interest to see what date the publisher
finally puts on it. Currently the apparent version of record is just
copyright 2014, which is obviously not going to be correct for
nomenclature.

This scenario is so easily avoided. However, conversely we know what
happens to rules more ignored than complied with.

Geoff