[Taxacom] are early online publications code-compliant?

Fautin, Daphne G. fautin at ku.edu
Wed Apr 8 22:02:53 CDT 2015

I was stunned to learn that a major publisher that wanted to emulate ZooKeys and have new names be registered by the publisher (to be sure it happens -- and lessen the responsibilities of the authors, as well as minimize errors) found it is so difficult the IT division of this publisher could not handle it.  I am pursuing details, but this route has been proposed to increase users and it may be too difficult.  So it may not be that publishers are unaware or do not care -- they may find it impractical to comply.

Daphne

Daphne G. Fautin
Professor, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
University of Kansas
1200 Sunnyside Avenue
Lawrence, Kansas 66045 USA

telephone 1-785-864-3062
fax 1-785-864-5321
skype user name daphne.fautin
cv: www.nhm.ku.edu/inverts/daphne.html

    database of hexacorals, including sea anemones
       most recent version released 2 January 2013
hercules.kgs.ku.edu/Hexacoral/Anemone2/index.cfm