[Taxacom] are early online publications code-compliant?

Jose Fernandez Triana jftriana at uoguelph.ca
Thu Apr 9 07:13:47 CDT 2015

Hi all,

Lyubo wrote (quote): 'ZooKeys and all other Pensoft journals that publish new names submit to and get data from ZooBank via XML, normally a few hours before publication, when the actual metadata are fixed. It takes seconds but saves a great amount of effort for the authors and reduces the probability of errors'.

The fact that Zookeys and other Pensoft journals do that is indeed a BIG bonus. And, in my humble opinion, it is one of the things that separate Zookeys/Pensoft from other journals/publishers (altogether with an easy an efficient system to submit manuscripts, quality of editorial teams, etc.). [Disclaimer: I do NOT work for Pensoft, so I am not advertising anything here].

As an author, I have avoided in the past to send taxonomic papers to a journal that request that the author register the new names to Zoobank by her/himself (there might be more journals, but I do not want to point fingers). Call me lazy if you want, but I would rather have Zookeys (and similar) to do that -as they already have an established mechanism.

All the best,
Jose

--
José L. Fernández-Triana, PhD.
Research Associate, Canadian National Collection of Insects,