[Taxacom] are early online publications code-compliant?

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Mon Apr 13 16:45:36 CDT 2015

One simple way that this might work is along the lines of what is already the case for microbe nomenclature. In microbiology, bacteria names published in any journal other than IJSEM are not available until they are validated in IJSEM, and everybody understands that they date from the IJSEM validation date (though I'm not so sure that every zoologist is capable of understanding anything!) Validation would seem to require, as a minimum, verification that the names have indeed been published.

Stephen