[Taxacom] are early online publications code-compliant?

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Mon Apr 13 16:49:37 CDT 2015

Neal has in part just posted what I just posted! I think though, that my key point is that for "validation" of names to confer availability, all we actually need is some kind of verification that the name has indeed been published. At present, an entry on ZooBank provides no such verification, indeed most registrations happen *before* publication, with no guarantee that publication will follow.

Stephen