[Taxacom] are early online publications code-compliant?

Lyubomir Penev lyubo.penev at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 03:54:34 CDT 2015

Rich,

I wonder why when discussing the "registration=availability" model, we are
talking about new names only? How the model would work for other kinds of
nomenclatural (and taxonomic?) acts dealing with names, for example how the
model would distinguish between procedures for establishment of, say,
objective and subjective synonymies?

The background of my question is that proposing/publishing/registering of a
new name definitely requires a scientific input in some kind of publication
format, but often even more scientific effort is needed to justify
availability of already existing names.

On a more general perspective, is it even possible to so strictly separate
nomenclature from taxonomy?

Cheers,

Lyubo

--