[Taxacom] Forgotting at the edge of miracles

Karl Magnacca kmagnacca at wesleyan.edu
Fri Apr 24 19:55:28 CDT 2015

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 13:24:32 "Dr. Antonio Lopez"
<cycas at mnhnc.inf.cu> wrote:
> Colleague:
>
> Thank you for the article of Head. Only when I read everything I am
> able to understand and to reason. I never understood that supposed
> difference between dispersalism and vicariancism as different
> schools.

That's because they're not.  It's only in the mind of panbiogeograpy
supporters like Grehan and Heads, who promote the idea that because
rare trans-oceanic dispersal is unlikely, that therefore it never
happens (while simultaneously claiming that they say no such thing,
invoking the undefined term "regular dispersal") that such a
dichotomy exists.

Karl