[Taxacom] Why stability?

Richard Zander Richard.Zander at mobot.org
Tue Apr 28 09:51:58 CDT 2015

Binomials can have a scientific basis for the genus part.

If one can identify a dissilient genus
See https://www.researchgate.net/publication/267777178_A_FRAMEWORK_FOR_POST-PHYLOGENETIC_SYSTEMATICS_%28Online_Version_Complete%29
And http://phytoneuron.net/2014Phytoneuron/80PhytoN-MonophylyPart3.pdf
Then one can have a scientific, testable concept of both species (as epithet) and genus (first part of binomial). This enhances stability in names.

-------
Richard H. Zander
Missouri Botanical Garden – 4344 Shaw Blvd. – St. Louis – Missouri – 63110 – USA
richard.zander at mobot.org