[Taxacom] Wikispecies has gone to the dogs, best to disregard it now

Scott Thomson scott.thomson321 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 21:48:01 CDT 2015

If I had fixed it immediately you would have accused me of trying to hide
it. So how do I win in that. So I have left it for now and will let the one
who edited the page fix it. In good time so that if people wish to see it
as you linked it, they can. I do not have control over Wikispecies, that's
not how Wikimedia works. As for Wollumbinia and Myuchelys, I should sink
them both into Birlimarr and stop all the arguments that name is from 1999,
so predates both names. There is more politics to all that than you know,
and its lately giving me headaches too. Not the usage of Wollumbinia, about
4 or 5 people on the planet take your view on that, including Wells,
Wellington and Hoser who all have motivations. But other issues with the
names and the impact of Conservation Biology on taxonomy in Australia. I
dont plan on having that much influence on Wikispecies, I dont feel the
need for that. My interest is in turtle taxonomy and paleontology. Now the
interesting thing here is I actually conceded your point here, and I have
told you you have some valid points, but it does not matter. If I had
disagreed or agreed the response would be the same you would have found a
way to fight back, I get your angry about Wikimedia, but this is not
helping you.

Cheers, Scott

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 11:23 PM, Stephen Thorpe <stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz