[Taxacom] Position at BGBM Berlin: Science Policy Coordinator
N.Koester at bgbm.org
Wed Aug 12 11:02:46 CDT 2015
The Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin (BGBM) is looking for a Science Policy Coordinator
Starting date: 1 October 2015, Salary: according to TV-L FU, E 13 (100%)
* Scientific and administrative assistance to the director in order to strengthen the scientific profile of the BGBM, including: conceptualizing inter- and transdisciplinary research projects on biodiversity and raising research funds, administrating the BGBM's Research Board, and disseminating relevant scientific and political topics within the institution;
* Liaison with counterparts at inner-university, local, national and international levels, including the communication and coordination with partner institutions;
* Representation of the BGBM and active participation in relevant scientific and political organisations and bodies, on the local, national and international level.
* University degree in Biology or a related field
Further desired qualifications:
* PhD in Botany or another discipline that is relevant for the candidates responsibilities
* In-depth knowledge of the national and international scientific landscape, including research funding schemes, and of the current topics in science and environmental policy;
* profound experience and competence in science and project management;
* excellent communication and organizational skills;
* strong command of German and English (oral and written), and preferentially also Spanish;
* demonstrated ability to work efficiently and accountably in an interdisciplinary team, outstanding enthusiasm and a strong commitment to promote and advance our projects.
Please submit your application and documents (CV, certificates) with reference code "Koordinator/in" until 27 August 2015 to
av-p at bgbm.org (in PDF format)
Freie Universität Berlin
ZE Botanischer Garten und Botanisches Museum Berlin
Ms. Sylke Gottwald
The original job announcement (in German) can be found here: http://www.fu-berlin.de/service/stellen/st_2015/st-20150803/index.html.
The Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin (BGBM) is a research and collection institution with a strong international network. Our focus is on exploring and conserving, presenting and explaining the world's plant diversity. The BGBM is not only a central scientific hub of the Freie Universität Berlin, but also on the national and international level. It is one of the five largest botanic gardens worldwide.
Women are explicitly encouraged to apply. Handicapped applicants will be preferred in case of equal
qualifications. Applications from people with a migration background who meet the recruitment requirements
are desirable. Interview costs cannot be covered by the Freie Universität Berlin.
Dr. Nils Köster
Curator of tropical and subtropical living collections
Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin
Dahlem Centre of Plant Sciences (DCPS)
Freie Universität Berlin
phone: +49 30 838 50 121
fax: +49 30 838 50 186
e-mail: n.koester at bgbm.org<mailto:n.koester at bgbm.org>
More information about the Taxacom