[Taxacom] Tracking usages of biological collections, environmental terms and species traits in prospective publishing

Alex Thompson godfoder at acis.ufl.edu
Fri Aug 21 08:53:03 CDT 2015

Lyubomir,

Speaking as a technical person at iDigBio, this is great! This is
exactly the kind of step forward that we think needs to happen to
finally be able to collect some real statistics on data usage in
publications.

I have two questions about this though:
1) Is there / are you planning on building an index page where we could
direct collection managers to that shows papers by institution code.
2) Are you using GRBio data dumps as an authority file? If so, what are
you doing about the <IH> labled institution codes from Index
Herbariorum? Sometimes those will conflict an unrelated non-herbarium
institution.

Best,
Alex Thompson