[Taxacom] ASB 2016 Travel Grants from Southern Appalachian Botanical Society
kgould15 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 18 13:16:17 CST 2015
The Southern Appalachian Botanical Society (SABS) is pleased to announce its first annual student conference support awards to help defray the cost of registration and travel to the 2016 joint meeting of SABS and the Association of Southeastern Biologists (ASB). The meeting will be held in Concord, NC, March 31- April 3, 2016. Meeting details may be found at http://www.sebiologists.org/concord-nc-2016/
The online application form for the SABS travel award may be found at http://sabs.appstate.edu/about/awards. Applications are due by February 7, 2016.
• The award amount is $300.
• The award is available to undergraduate and graduate students presenting a paper or poster with a botanical focus at the ASB/SABS meeting. Failure to present at the meeting will result in forfeiture of the award.
• Applicants must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate/graduate student in the department where the presented research was conducted, or have graduated during the fall 2015 semester.
• Applicants must be members of SABS in 2016. You may renew your SABS membership or apply for new membership on our website: http://sabs.appstate.edu/membership
• Complete applications will include both an application form and a letter of support from the student’s faculty advisor; incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants will be notified of award decisions by March 7, 2016. Recipients must pick up their awards from the SABS table at the ASB meeting.
Questions may be directed to Dr. Kathy Mathews, SABS President, by email: kmathews at email.wcu.edu
Katherine Mathews, Ph.D.
President, Southern Appalachian Botanical Society
Director of WCU Herbarium
Department of Biology
Western Carolina University
Cullowhee, NC 28723
More information about the Taxacom