[Taxacom] webinar: Open Data and Science: Towards Optimizing the Research Process

Dave Vieglais vieglais at ku.edu
Sun Feb 8 22:07:34 CST 2015

Dear Taxacomers,

We are pleased to announce the launch of the DataONE Webinar Series
(www.dataone.org/webinars) focussed on open science, the role of the
data lifecycle, and achieving innovative science through shared data and
ground-breaking tools.

Our series will open with a presentation and discussion led by Dr
Jean-Claude Guédon from the Université de Montréal titled:

"Open Data and Science: Towards Optimizing the Research Process".

The abstract for the talk is detailed below and you may register at:
www.dataone.org/upcoming-webinar

Webinars will be held the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 12 noon Eastern
Time.  They will be recorded and made available for viewing latter the
same day. A Q&A forum will also be available to attendees and later
viewers alike.

We welcome you to join us for this and future webinars in the series.
More information on the DataONE Webinar Series can be found at:
www.dataone.org/webinars and we welcome suggestions for speakers and
topics.

regards,
   Dave V.