[Taxacom] Impossible geocodes

Curtis Clark lists at curtisclark.org
Sun Feb 1 01:28:50 CST 2015

On 2015-01-30 11:17 AM, Tom Schweich wrote:
> Also, my experience is that converting DMS to something mapable, i.e.,
> DD, carries a significant risk of error.

Someone else mentioned this as well, and I find it puzzling, Assuming no
change in datum, it would seem to me that the conversion is simple,
round-trippable, and subject only to rounding effects.

decimal degrees = degrees + minutes/60 + seconds/3600

--
Curtis Clark, PhD                        http://www.cpp.edu/~jcclark
Professor Emeritus

Please note new email address: jcclark at cpp.edu