[Taxacom] Order Homoptera probably not paraphyletic after all

Kirk Fitzhugh kfitzhugh at nhm.org
Tue Feb 24 13:43:52 CST 2015

?Ad hoc maneuvers do seem to be a mainstay of systematics these days,
rather than applying basic principles of rational reasoning.
"All that the requirement of total evidence says is that one's
confidence in a hypothesis must be proportional to the support that that
hypothesis receives from one's evidence...."?Neta, R. 2008. What
evidence do you have? British Journal of the Philosophy of Science 59:
89--119.