[Taxacom] Proofs for opinion

Donat Agosti agosti at amnh.org
Wed Jan 7 18:06:35 CST 2015

The authors explain that from a formal publishing point of view (the publishers should be the one that define what a publication is and not the one who creates the content) the publication does not change when adding page numbers?

"Recommendations on Journal Article Versions which state clearly that the addition of bibliographical details, namely pagination and volume/issue number, are not part of the content of a paper and do not change the version of an article (NISO/ALPSP Journal Article Versions (JAV) Technical Working Group, 2008; Morgan 2008). If the content of the early electronic version is immutable, apart from bibliographical details, then this early electronic version is the Version of Record following NISO/ALPSP Recommendations:"

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/enhanced/doi/10.1111/syen.12119/

I can accept this

Donat