[Taxacom] Proofs for opinion

Donat Agosti agosti at amnh.org
Thu Jan 8 11:52:32 CST 2015

All this debate would go, if registration would include the submission of the publication at the same time, and similar to the type specimen, this submitted publication would be the "digital holotype" of this article. This would not mean right now that the article has to be open access, even though this would be the best and most transparent way, but for any matter of dispute, there is the ultimate copy available.

Storage could be solved, it would have a huge advantage for our science, that the articles are accessible in one single point, the registry.

It also would allow to have for each article a DOI that we could cite, either a Crossref DOI or a DataCite DOI that resolves and leads to the article. This is, what we all need in a digital age.

Thus, once again, we have to assure that this semi-legal documents, which lead to many long threads in list serves, waist a lot of expert time for arbitration are open access.

Donat