[Taxacom] Impossible geocodes

Alec McClay alec.mcclay at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 24 14:04:53 CST 2015

It's a vain hope, I know, and there is lots of legacy data out there
in every possible format. But can't we decide from here on just to
use decimal degrees for latitudes and longitudes? They're just
numbers, after all. Why do we have to treat them as being made up of
weird multiples of 60 instead of using the decimal format that we use
for every other unit? Pounds, shillings and pence are long gone - so
should minutes and seconds be.

Alec McClay, Ph.D., P. Biol.

McClay Ecoscience
15 Greenbriar Crescent
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Canada T8H 1H8

Phone +1 780 464 4962
Mobile +1 780 953 4077
Fax     +1 780 410 0496
Skype alec.mcclay
Email <mailto:alec.mcclay at shaw.ca>alec.mcclay at shaw.ca or
<mailto:biocontrol at mcclay-ecoscience.com>biocontrol at mcclay-ecoscience.com

www.mcclay-ecoscience.com
Biological control, invasive species, insect-plant ecology