[Taxacom] Did Linnaeus personally describe taxa?

Andrew Novikoff novikoffav at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 07:09:44 CST 2015

Dear taxacomers,
I apologize for my irreligion... but did Linnause really personally
describe all his taxa? It is unbelievable if take in consideration that he
described about 10 000 only species. If we calculate, he should describe
about 3 new species everyday during 10 years. But he should also write the
books and travel.
Actually I have discussion with my colleague who believe that Linnaeus did
all this work by own. While I suggest that there were team of peoples who
helped to Linnaeus.
Thank you for comments and clarifications!
Sincerely, A.

Dr. Andrew V. Novikoff
State Natural History Museum                                      Modern
phytomorphology
National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine                      Executive
editor
Teatralna str. 18
79008 Lviv
Ukraine
  Scratchpads Ambassador

      ScratchPads. Biodiversity online.
Researcher ID: K-4997-2013                                         Create
your own website to connect,
ORCID: 0000-0002-0112-5070                                       work with
and share your data today!

Mendeley Advisor

www.mendeley.com
Join the world.