[Taxacom] non-marine arthropod diversity by state

Derek Sikes dssikes at alaska.edu
Mon Nov 2 15:32:35 CST 2015

All,

I'm interested in knowing the number of non-marine arthropod species that
are documented to occur in each US state or Canadian province. Ideally this
would be based on a compiled list that could be cited (either a database or
publication), but even an approximation would be helpful.

I've heard, for example, that Washington has ~25,000 insect species alone.
While here in Alaska we have ~8,400 non-marine arthropod species total.
http://www.akentsoc.org/the_fauna/checklist

Thanks,
Derek

--

Derek S. Sikes, Curator of Insects

dssikes at alaska.edu

phone: 907-474-6278
FAX: 907-474-5469

University of Alaska Museum  -  search 302,939 digitized arthropod records
http://www.uaf.edu/museum/collections/ento/