[Taxacom] uBio, Nomenclator Zoologicus are back

Dmitry Mozzherin dmozzherin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 08:54:11 CST 2015

uBio (http://ubio.org) experienced difficulties this year and had been down
a lot lately.

I moved uBio from old hardware at Marine Biological Laboratory to Google
Container Engine, and it is running again. Some functionality is not back
yet, mostly due to some hard-coded configuration parameters in files.  I
hope problems with the code will be fixed eventually by interested parties
(I do not plan to rewrite the code). I'll coordinate my efforts with Dave
Remsen and Patrick Leary, and hopefully together we will preserve uBio for
the community.

Please note that being a system administrator for uBio is not part of my
job. I will try my best to keep it running. MBL/WHOI library pays for the
cloud.

Docker containers to run uBio are located at
https://hub.docker.com/u/mblab/dashboard/ -- unfortunately for licensing
and technical reasons they do not contain uBio's php code.

Cheers

Dima Mozzherin