[Taxacom] Did Linnaeus personally describe taxa?

JF Mate aphodiinaemate at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 07:41:43 CST 2015

I think it would depend on the definition of "did his work on his
own". I am sure he borrowed a lot of the taxonomic knowledge an
incorporated it in in a cogent body of work which we now know as
Linnaean Classification. Also his descriptions are so brief that he
could probably do 3 over breakfast. So I believe it is possible.

Best

Jason