[Taxacom] Formation of family names e.g. Diplogasteridae vs. Diplogastridae in Nematoda (and similar)

Tony Rees tonyrees49 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 15:57:11 CST 2015

Doug and Stephen, I did a quick check using Google Scholar and came up with
the following result:

1850-2000 papers: Diplogasteridae 398, Diplogastridae 62

2001-2015 papers (out of scope for ICZN "prevailing usage"
consideration): Diplogasteridae
459, Diplogastridae 427

Thus although it appears that usage of the form "Diplogastridae" has been
gaining ground, this is incorrect so far as the Code is concerned and the
version "Diplogasteridae" is the Code-sanctioned one.

I did not check other cases e.g. Chronogasteridae but imagine that social
trends would most likely be similar over the equivalent time periods.

Thanks to all who responded for their comments,

Regards - Tony

Tony Rees, New South Wales, Australia
https://about.me/TonyRees