[Taxacom] Formation of family names e.g. Diplogasteridae vs. Diplogastridae in Nematoda (and similar)

Tony Rees tonyrees49 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 16:46:03 CST 2015

Here's the preliminary result: over the period 1990-2000 Google Scholar has
139 citations for "Diplogasteridae". I checked the first 100 and they are
by approximately 70 different authors. For the same period there are 53
results for "Diplogastridae", with obviously an equal or lesser number of
distinct authors to that value. So in this case "Diplogasteridae" does
emerge the winner in terms of "prevailing usage" over that period (if I
have made a mistake in my methodology, I will be happy to hear it).

I do not fancy doing the same with "Chronogasteridae" and other equivalent
cases but will take the "Diplogasteridae" status as indicative for those as
well...

Thanks again for the responses,

Regards - Tony

Tony Rees, New South Wales, Australia