[Taxacom] Popular science blogposts on the use of museum objects

Fred Schueler bckcdb at istar.ca
Wed Nov 11 08:02:40 CST 2015

Quoting Feher Zoltan <feher at nhmus.hu>:

> Thus, if anyone of you already had any blogposts or other short popular
> science writings on this topic, and you do not mind its republication in
> our blog (credited to the original author, with link to the source but in
> translated and possibly shortened version) please let me know that.

* here's a webpage of an attempted formation of regional natural
history museums in Canada along the lines you mention -
http://pinicola.ca/m2002b.htm - written as advice to others learned as
our museum was failing because we had assumed that the museum
principles were more widely understood than they were, and the
organization was taken over by individuals who didn't understand what
it was meant to be. We could make this over into a history of the
founding and failure of the EOBM if that would be of interest, or just
provide a few paragraphs of context for a link to this page.

fred.
           Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
       Mudpuppy Night - http://pinicola.ca/mudpup1.htm
Vulnerable Watersheds - http://vulnerablewaters.blogspot.ca/
     study our books - http://pinicola.ca/books/index.htm
"[The] two fundamental steps of scientific thought - the conjecture
and refutation of Popper - have little place in the usual conception
of intelligence. If something is to be dismissed as inadequate, it is
surely not Darwin [, whose] works manifest the activity of a mind
seeking for wisdom, a value which conventional philosophy has largely
abandoned." Ghiselen, 1969. Triumph of the Darwinian Method, p 237.