[Taxacom] electronic publication for zoological nomenclature

Frank T. Krell Frank.Krell at dmns.org
Fri Oct 2 13:26:20 CDT 2015

Hi all,

The ICZN is receiving a steady flow of questions about the requirements that electronic publications have to fulfil to be available for nomenclatural purposes in zoology.
Together with co-Commissioner Thomas Pape I have published a paper in Bulletin of Zoological Nomenclature titled "Electronic publications need registration in ZooBank to be available." (Bulletin of Zoological Nomenclature 72 (3): 245-251)
We hope that this paper answers some of the most common questions.
It is available here:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/282355945_Electronic_publications_need_registration_in_ZooBank_to_be_available
or here:
https://www.academia.edu/16380170/Electronic_publications_need_registration_in_ZooBank_to_be_available
or here:
http://www.dmns.org/media/2519693/202-bullzoolnom2015krellpape.pdf

The ICZN encourages you to ask a Commissioner or the ICZN Secretariat or the ICZN list (iczn-list at afriherp.org<mailto:iczn-list at afriherp.org>) if you have any questions that the Code doesn't answer (or answers in a way that it difficult to understand). Such questions help the Commission to improve the next edition of the Code.

Cheers

Frank

Dr. Frank-T. Krell, Chair, ZooBank Committee
http://zoobank.org
Curator of Entomology
Department of Zoology
Denver Museum of Nature & Science