[Taxacom] Help with finding a paper

Fred Schueler bckcdb at istar.ca
Wed Oct 7 10:20:40 CDT 2015

many have written:

> Hello all - I am having trouble getting a copy of the following paper from my usual sources...

* somebody should study who is willing to pay $39 for a paper they've
only known through the publisher's website abstract - if they know it's
really good they must have known somebody who has the pdf or an
institutional subscription, and gotten a copy that way, and otherwise
they just ask TAXACOM.

You'd assume it would be commercial consultants who would be willing to
just click $39 away, but in their environmental assessments they never
seem to cite anything from the peer-reviewed literature. A real mystery
- maybe the publishers just put those whacking great prices on the
individual articles to keep libraries terrified into paying the whacking
great prices for subscriptions.

does anyone know?

fred.
           Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad