[Taxacom] Join the WeDigBio event going on for your science!

Austin Mast amast at bio.fsu.edu
Fri Oct 23 12:29:01 CDT 2015

Hi, everyone!  The inaugural Worldwide Engagement for Digitizing Biocollections (WeDigBio) Event started yesterday and runs through Sunday (Oct 25).  It is jointly organized by Smithsonian, iDigBio, Australian Museum, Florida State University, Florida Museum of Natural History, Adler Planetarium, Museum National d' Histoire Naturelle, Paris, and others.  This citizen science project is engaging the public in transcribing specimen labels for thousands of crabs, bees, plants, butterflies, fungi, and more.  I encourage you to spend a bit of time contributing or just checking out the event at www.wedigbio.org. There might be an onsite museum event occurring near you this weekend.  If your organization is not participating this year, perhaps you’ll be interested in doing so next year.  You would be welcome.  Also, we’d like to maintain our social media buzz—any science opinion makers out there, a little help would be much appreciated.  We are using #WeDigBio.  Thanks for considering!

Austin
Austin Mast · Associate Professor · Department of Biological Science · 319 Stadium Drive · Florida State University · Tallahassee, FL 32306-4295 · U.S.A. · (850) 645-1500 · amast at bio.fsu.edu